View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Where are you located? Do you have power tools and an air compressor? Have you already picked up new gaskets? Do you already have another cam to install? If so, what cam or what are the specs on it? What size stall converter do you have? How about the rear gear ratio?

Another stupid question but do you know what cam is in the car now? What happens that makes you think that it's the cam causing the issue? You said the engine is fresh but that the guy had been running on nitrous. Did he just do a rebuild on it when you bought it?
Im located in Bellflower right next to lakewood hospital. I have new gaskets, i have a brand new e303 cam i want to install its completely streetable, dont remember the lift ratio but its the biggest street cam i could find with being able to drive it normally, stall converter is stock, and gears are stock. The cam thats in the car now, not sure the lift ratio, but the lope is humungous, and the power band doesnt start til 3000 every cam i did research on should make power earlier except those meant for nitrous or blowers, plus he told me it was a huge cam. And yes the car only has like 2000 miles on it. Im thinking its that because i have an aod tranny, and i know that it uses a tv cable but when you shift i know it uses up vacuum, and I talked to a couple mechanics, two of my uncles being them and they told me i need to change out the camshaft and it will run great. And as for power tools and air compressor i dont have. Ive only been working on cars for about 3 years and havent come around to getting a serious set of tools yet.

O yea i also found the lift ratio for the e303 cam. With stock rockers, its at a .498 but i think that that i have 1.7 rockers in there right now so maybe .535?