View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #15

No, the SR20 isnt the motor out of our 240sx. Correct me if im wrong here import fans, but i believe the SR20 is what the JDM silvias got instead of our...KA24? i think? SR20 DET is a 2.0 turbo four that is kind of the ubiquitous swap motor for datsun 510s and the like. Can be built real stout and make big power if done right, think of it like the 4 cyl version of an RB or something. Would probably be my swap of choice into said 510/210 if i couldnt do a sbf/sbc. But if you put it in a 240 itll just be yet another 240 with an SR20. NOTHING even remotely special about that, it may be more common than 240s with original motors at this point.

Wow. Did NOT know i knew that much about import motors. I may punch MYSELF in the face for that.

If you need any help with the z let me know. My dad is a huge Z guy. He just demodded his 600 rwhp Z32 300 ZX TT, and has had Zs pretty much as long as i can remember. I know the most badass Z either of us have ever seen was an early 280Z ( pre ZX ) With a TT LS motor....Thats gonna get my vote