View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1Daddy View Post
Hi , I'm Adams dad. I am looking to buy an engine to replace the 351 in my 72 Mach. I am looking at two engines. Would appreciate any advice or suggestions from the motorgen members. My two choices are:

1.Rebuilt 429, no intake

2. Used 460 out of Lincoln

These sales end in the next couple of days so I would appreciate feedback as soon as possible. Thanks

1972 Mustang Mach 1
Welcome aboard!

How do you intend to use the engine when complete?
What is your approximate budget for FINISHED and installed engine?

The first one above looks pretty built at an appealing price, but the cam looks pretty large. That engine is going to lope fairly hard at lower revs I think. It would want to be revved to make it's power. Think screamer.

The second one is going to have an unknown number of issues and therefore costs to finish, not to mention time. I have a friend who used exactly this block as the basis for his Cobra kit and it was an absolute beast when completed.

For your reference, you might want to check Ford Performance Solutions. They're only about 10 miles from you and sell high performance ready to drop motors.

http://www.f-p-s.com/

I'm sure Ron will be on here in no time will give you a lot more usable info.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)