View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
Ben,
Couple of questions. One does Torco eat plastic as well? 2ndly how much is it for 5 gallons? I'm just curious as I'm paying $60 for 5 gallons of methanol...car runs like a rapped ape with it though. 21* of boost 26* of timings in 1 & 2 and 24* om 3rd. Leaned it out quite a bit too. Anyway just wanted to plug my car haha but I was wondering if torco would work in my alky kit. More out of curiousity than anything...
Brian
Torco does not eat plastic.

Your best local (SoCal) source is Joel Feingold, who can arrange a drop ship of 5 gal can cheaper than you can get it anywhere else:
http://www.jbsblownc5.net/html/torco.html#5gal

It'll be $229 for 5 gals. HOWEVER, you don't need much. For me this is more than 20 tanks of gas (bumped from 91 to 93~) or more than 6,000 miles . . a bit more than a year's driving. I have plenty if you want to test a tank or two. It does not alter the BTU factor of your gas so you don't have to reprogram fueling rates.

How much boost can you add per octane? The methanol has one significant advantage and that is the cooling effects on the air charge. Have you considered 50gal drum from an industrial chemical supplier? Obviously this won't be cheap, but per volume cost will be lower. You would have the added complexity of proper storage. Alcohol is VERY hydroscopic.

Basically it comes down to the most cost effective way to safely boost. Break out Excel . . .

Let me know if you want to try some. Also, do think you might actually take that thing to the track? Once I get my DRs broke in a little more and figure out what kind of launch will be tolerated, I think I should be able to consistently hit 12.5 @111 at Fontana, maybe a bit quicker under perfect conditions.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)