View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Commercials that piss me off: Legal Options & Sit N Sleep

"We'll beat any advertised price or your mattress is freeeeee!"

OK, we'll is a compound word, meaning we will. Not we have, but we will. So they're mattress prices aren't necessarily lower already, but they WILL beat the lowest ADVERTISED price, presumably by at least a penny. Okay, fine.

Now let's look at the second clause. OR, your mattress is free. Or being the key word here. So they have given themselves the option of either beating a lower price, or giving the item away for free. Why would they ever, EVER, give the mattress away for free? When all they simply have to do is undercut the lower price by one cent. It's stupid and it pisses me off. I will never shop at Sit N Sleep simply because this commercial is so f*cuking retarded.

There is this Legal Options commercial where there are these two black guys on a basketball court. One of the guys walks up with a limp, the other asks him "What's up with yo game?" To which he replies "No game today, I blew my knee out at work." Then he asks "What you do about it?" ...What you do about it? This is what he says, it's embarrassing. What is the world coming to? This is now acceptable grammar for a tv commercial, are you kidding me?! "What you do about it?!" I want to punch the guy in the face. What ARE you going to do about it? Seriously!

Sorry, needed to vent.