View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
. . .
But you can't just add the toulene to your gas tank, it needs to be mixed with a few other things like ATF.. . .
Poppycock. Toluene is an aromatic hydrocarbon that mixes just peachy with gasoline directly. I know . . . I've done it. It's not like nitro methane, which does NOT mix with gas (nitro propane does . . . not recommended though) Toluene does have a different viscosity though. So in particularly cold climates, you really don't want go beyond 10-15% as it will cause the gas to become almost syrrupy. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. Carbed applications might plausibly require some other component to bring the viscosity of the Toluene mixture down to the same level of gas. Probably not such an issue for Fuel Injection.

As for you comments on likely causes of trouble, I agree.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)