View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #139
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I agree with Glen. I think the 4.10 will be close to ideal for the engine combo you have now. Also know that I went 10.45 at 128 in the Chevelle on a 26x8.5x14 tire so I think you can get that car to hook up on a 9 or 9.5 inch tire. Remember when we test fit my Cobra tires on it? They were 26x9.5x17 but on a 8 inch rim they are closer to 27 inches tall and they fit perfect. I launch the Cobra at 6000 rpms on those and they hook with my 3650lbs. so I think they will hook good in a lighter car with a lower rpm launch. If you want to use my tires before buying some just let me know. That way you can see how much tire you'll need and if the gearing will need to be changed.
Thanks Ron, I'm grateful for all your help.

My concern with the fitment of your tire would be how much it might expand under heavy acceleration. I rembember there beings something like maybe a 1/2 clearance. No way I'd trust something like a wrinkle wall slick of that approximate size, but maybe a DR or, basic (?) slick, might not expand too much. What do you think?

Second question. Might I be able to bring out the pumpkin to you and you could pop it open and take a look at the gears and maybe the LSD to evaluate it's condition. I figure while things are totally apart, it makes some sense to evaluate their condition.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)