View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
Boost Junkie

Default Reaching out to Motorgen

Ok... In a nutshell I have a number of "minor" issues that are needing to be dealt with on my car. Especially to prepare for my tune. I'm asking for those of you who are more mechanically inclined (it's not that I'm not mechanically inclined, it's just that I'm less experienced in some/most areas) to help me fix some of these issues.

Naturally I will supply the parts and the beers if required... in exchange for a few hours of hanging out and taking care of business. I'm just going to number the issues and a "brief" explanation of what needs to be done along with the work entailed and what the problem is in order of most important.

#1 Throttle Position Sensor.
Done, Thanks Joe! It's good as new.

#2 Shifter Crossover Cable
DONE

#3 Brake Issue
DONE

#4 Throwout Bearing Fork
Replaced with a Cryotreated version. It's awesome.

#5 Clutch
Done

#6 E-Brake cable
Needs to be tightened so my car doesn't roll when I have the ebrake cranked all the way up. It's yet another common issue haha. Needs adjustment so that I don't have to crank it up as high as the thing goes. Still an issue as of 3/29/10 and working on it.

#7 Transmission REBUILD.
DONE (bought a used tranny and it's all gravy now)

Ok.. thats a good start. If I obtain a TOB fork and TOB that will very quickly be moved up to a priority. It's disgusting.

So please, anyone who has some knowledge or knowhow... name your terms! I'm not looking for you to DO it. Just for some help and possibly better facilities.

Once the brake and TPS and TOB fork get dealt with I'll finally get to head to the track again. So you'll be helping me get out there again!!

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!

Last edited by BlacknBoostn : 03-29-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: updated