View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #17
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It was pretty cool. Better than I expected really. The sound was run through a good PA and they had a highly quality projector so the experience was very comparable and in a way better than a drive-in. The parking lot is obviously not big enough for hundreds of cars, so you bring your own chairs and/or blankets and flake out. There were probably something like 150-200 people. I love "Field of Dreams" so it was nice for me. But that movie is probably a little dark (I mean literally nighttime scenes) and somewhat quiet/somber so probably not the ideal movie for the experience. Something like Smokey and the Bandit, Cannonball Run etc. would be a hoot.

Downtown Fullerton is a lot of fun. There are many places to eat and drink, from larger more commercial places, to sports bars, to semi-fine dining, to little holes in the wall. Great! There's a Sushi place I've seen down there, but always looked a little skanky from the outside. Last night I took a peek inside and it actually looks pretty legit, real Japanese style (or as close as we're going to get in OC); not a made for whitey by Koreans kind of place. I might give it a whirl next time I go.

So in short, I'm going to see if I can persuade them to show a car flick, maybe later in the summer.
Ok, How about "Hot Rods to Hell"???
2016 Nissan Altma