View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Well, I think the Vortech/Paxton piping and ancillary equipement is nicer. The clamps that came with my procharger would bend before they clamped down hard enough to keep the 3" hoses of the end. I bought diesel truck hose clamps from a volvo/ penta dealership to fix that ($5-8 a pop).

I will admit that by the time that I walked away from the car the SC kit had many upgrades/changes.

I had less expierence then, but I will still stay clear. Leedom- honestly I think you cna go with a procharger and have no fear. If anything upgrade the metal clamps during the installation and save the heartache.

I did love the effect of the blower whine (loud as hell for prochargers) and the blow-off valve.

Vettezuki-I am also considering a forged 402 shortblock. My car is not a daily driver, but I will take the occasional weekend trip. I am leaning towards the Magnacharger because I feel it will make more power and torque for the cost. I have EPT 205 heads my understanding is that 402 like 215s or 225s. I don't think that a 402 would get me to the mid 500's.

I agree 100%. I think the supercharger will be the best bank for the buck.

Having said that though, for the amount of road racing you do a n/a motor would probably be better. Less heat and more linear power delivery.

Before sinking more money into your current Vette have you ever given thought to selling yours and picking up a used C6 Z06? I have seen low mileage C6 Z06's in the lower 50's/high 40's range in the last couple months. You'd have a dry sump oil system and with boltons and a tune could easily get over 500whp with excellent reliability.