View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #11
Internet Tough Guy

Well, I think the Vortech/Paxton piping and ancillary equipement is nicer. The clamps that came with my procharger would bend before they clamped down hard enough to keep the 3" hoses of the end. I bought diesel truck hose clamps from a volvo/ penta dealership to fix that ($5-8 a pop).

I will admit that by the time that I walked away from the car the SC kit had many upgrades/changes.

I had less expierence then, but I will still stay clear. Leedom- honestly I think you cna go with a procharger and have no fear. If anything upgrade the metal clamps during the installation and save the heartache.

I did love the effect of the blower whine (loud as hell for prochargers) and the blow-off valve.

Vettezuki-I am also considering a forged 402 shortblock. My car is not a daily driver, but I will take the occasional weekend trip. I am leaning towards the Magnacharger because I feel it will make more power and torque for the cost. I have EPT 205 heads my understanding is that 402 like 215s or 225s. I don't think that a 402 would get me to the mid 500's.