View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Man, he was like my childhood hero - I was him for halloween in 5th grade. Now that he had sued his trainer, all the dirt is coming out. Hooking up with a 15 year old is bad times if you're like 28 and married (but acceptable if you're 16, or Brian). What a tool bag.
What if he really never did use roids and his connection with that singer, while unacceptable on any grounds, was non-sexual (at least til the age of consent, which is 17 in Texas I think.) Anyway, homeboy's image is toast no matter what. I really wish we did have good role-models and great guys to look up to for the kids, but they're all just human with their various weaknesses and frailties. I think we should just look at how they perform their professional task. You're more likely to find a real role model much closer to home, like a great coach or teacher, local, police, firefighters, nurses . . . people like that.

There are a couple ball players I look up to, but Lou Gehrig hasn't been around for a while.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)