View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I believe Glenn is going to do one. I've actually ported heads before. I ported a set of cast iron SBC and a set of cast iron BBC oval ports. These however are Edelbrock Performer RPM 6055 that I paid $2500 and are aluminum so I don't want to mess them up. The shap of the ports are pretty good as cast and only need a little porting. The aluminum is easier to remove than the cast iron was too so it's going a lot fast. I has taken me about two hours to complete one cylinder. I just hope I do a good enough job to drop 2 tenths or so so that I can get into the 9's.
Yes, the basic design of the ports is very good. What you are doing is going to help. But, becareful here---there is not a lot of room for error. I just don't know if you are going to get 2 tenths with what you are doing. I'd have to see these heads in person. We actually carry the heads here, but don't have any in stock.

If you guys want the porting class, I'm ready anytime. I've talked to Sean and Ben about this. Everyone will learn something worth while.
2016 Nissan Altma