View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:04 PM   #1

Default Knott's Berry Farm Ford show pic's of my car & a bit of the history behind it.....

I picked this one up 11 months ago for $900.00 in a trailer park in Ohi<sp?> California(on the edge of Santa Barbara). Four flats, rotted out top, rotted interior, bad window motors that had been down for years, rusted through trunk lid fron the salty air, dead battery, blown head gasket between #1 & #2 cylinders.... I bought it on the spot since it was almost identical to the '89 'vert I bought off of my mom years ago; but a fully loaded semi ran it over while leaving work one day. I also admit that I knew the rare combination of 3R medium smoke metallic blue paint & factory blue top is quite the uncommon combination in a foxbody.... Yes, it's been allot of $ in a very short time; but most of the work is my own.... and I have a worse for the wear back to prove it. I'm quite proud of it of course and enjoy driving it every day to and from work. Who knows what another 12 months may bring?

List of pertinent mods as well as I can remember them:
Stock short block, not rebuilt, around 105,000 original miles on it
Mild custom cam from Cam Dynamics; slightly bigger than an "E"
AFR165'S, 1.6 roller rockers, "self" ported Explorer intake
70mm T.B., 75mm mass air, 24lbs inj., MSD6AL, Diablo chip, power pullies,
3G alt., Taurus electric fan, Magna Flow catted x-pipe, bastardized cat-back, 3.73 gear, Explorer diff., MM roll cage, welded sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, etcetera...... Dyno's 280rwhp in smog legal trim..... Weighs a "portly" 3,390lbs ready to race.....

Thanks fer look'in!

Top up shots from the Fontana Drags the month before....