View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #20
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol my bad on the prices those where everyone speculations on the genesis coupe forum but the next day the official prices and specs came out from hyundai!

but the R-Spec seems fuckin perfect its the 2nd cheapest and comes with all the performance crap u want with none of the bs!! so thats what imma buy next.

also there is a tech from hyundai on the forum and he said the trannys are gonna be slightly different from v6 to I4

the turbo is get a shorter 1st and 2nd and 3rd gear *similar to evo gearing but 4-6 are the same on both models.....he said it was to make up for the lack of power on the 2.0L also the rear end LSD on both cars might be different. and then to top it off u better make sure u buy or drive a model that at leasts comes with lsd because not all do!

and ya the low pressure turbo phrase really makes it sould like they're saying turn that bitch up it supposed to boost 6-8psi......so ya it needs to be turned up to at least 22-24 to get my balls tingling!

and as for dyno numbers and modded numbers well....

if u look it up on youtube there is one 2 or 3 part video of some koreans that put this thing on a dynojet and got 19Xhp stock. and then threw some ecu tuning and upping the boost threw the ecu they got like 25xhp i believe

then there is another video of the koreans that put a similar turbo to mine in the genesis i think w/o cams but just abou tall the other mods i have are up there. and on 100octane he made 410-420hp on a dynojet something like that. on the stock block/head and tranny.....so im hoping with a little bit of ethanol and cams and a proper mans tune 500hp should be a knock knock knocking on heavens door!!!!
I've read it's 10psi stock, but I've also heard that the Turbo is good up until 25psi. It all seems to be a bit of speculation at this point though. I also have not heard any exact details on the rods and pistons in the turbo 4 version. I would want to know that before really turning up the boost...