Thread: Japan 2015
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:31 PM   #38
pain's fun, hit me again

I can definitely see why it's so popular, but there were just too many people there and it really ruined the experience. It eventually turned into a mad dash to get into sight of the Pavilion.

Overall my experience of Kyoto wasn't great, not because of the city itself, just the sheer volume of people and the dicks that were there 99% Chinese. So I cut my itinerary short because I was sure that I was going to drown the next chinese dude who thought it would be a good idea to fuck with me.
On my way to hiroshima I had a train change over in Osaka and had to eat. Found this revolving sushi bar that was soooo cheap and the quality smoked nearly every restaurant here. I ate so much the waitresses were staring at me the whole time.

$2 For O-toro and Negitoro.

When I got to hiroshima the weather was great, humid, but not too hot. Since I left Kyoto early I had plenty of time to explore right away.

Probably the most notable building in Hiroshima

This building took nearly a direct hit and was still intact
First up was the atomic museum. Which I must say, they did not censor anything at all. It was quite chilling.

The museum was very small because they were renovating the material, it is now a joint venture between the US and Japan. Lots of material was donated by the US for display in the museum.

The most notable thing was acknowledging the necessity of the bomb. For a long time there was extreme hatred towards the US for use of the bomb saying there were other alternatives. The prime minister released a statement saying the bomb was the only option that did no allow further violent progression. During the statement he said that Japan is now a peaceful nation and will never participate in another war ever again and they are on the leading front of destroying any and all nuclear weapons everywhere for a better future. Also, he mentioned that Japan had no reason to be involved in the war and that the actions of the bomb were fair considering it's involvement in the war and pearl harbor. This is pretty big, because just a few years ago it was exactly opposite.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!