Thread: Japan 2015
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #37
pain's fun, hit me again

Very cool art work on the ceiling of this temple that was burnt using glass refracting light, like a magnifying glass

Definitely my favorite of Kyoto, Kiyumizudera

At the entrance there was this table/jig like fixture holding a staff that was dubbed "The immovable monks staff" because the monk who blessed it as he dided made it so that no one could lift it. It was rather large, about 6x6 of solid steel, roughly 6' tall. There was nothing to grip it with so at my first attempt I couldn't move it. One of the teachers told me I couldn't do it because it was 89 kilos or 200lbs. The wight wasnt the issue, it was the leverage of the stand and no grip points, after removing my pack I was able to grip it well enough to lift it up and the students watching flipped out, like they were paparazzi. Teachers kept bringing their students up to me and asking if they could take pictures with the strong american, they would want to do a front double bi pose, they took more pictures with me, than I took of the temple

Ginkakuji

Not really worth it IMO, and there were SO many people I was beyond agitated. This is the part where I ran into some(lots) of dick holes. Not the Japanese, the Chinese. They go through the mountain temples with their expensive shopping bags, struggling to make it up the hills just to showcase their purchases. They intentionally start shit with the Japanese well knowing they will back down because of how respectful they are. After going through one of the small street areas I had a Chinese dude with his family shove me, as a point apparently when I walked by, I ignored him and tried to pass him, and the fucker did it again.
Naturally I (yada yada) I'm a bigger asshole.
Next morning up bright and early before leaving Kyoto for Kinkakuji. There was at least a thousand people waiting by the time the gates opened.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!