Thread: Japan 2015
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 01:42 AM   #33
pain's fun, hit me again

Apparently a dutch glasssmith traveled to Japan and built this shrine featuring this stained glass window.

Then I headed over to the samurai district.

So what's pretty cool about the Nagamichi area, just because you were a samurai, didn't mean you got a big badass house. Didn't even mean dick if you were lineage of someone important. This was strictly performance based. Best warriors, got the best ranks, and best houses, period. You're a shitty killer? You get a shitty house. Want a better place? Get better.

One of the houses offered a traditional tea ceremony while over looking the gardens, I wanted to try it, but I was low on time.

Why am I excited about this? Can of coke has 43 calories, yes, 43. Only 8 grams of sugar because Japan knows soda doesn't need 50g of sugar to taste the same.

Anywho, I was kind of lost and was trying to find Omi-Cho market not a lot of english signs in Kanazawa and my phone was dead. A nice old man walked me the two miles to the market and showed me around. He had to be 70 years old and almost dusted me.
Since my phone died I didn't get many pictures of the market other than the tiny place I ate at, incredible food. I did get lots of gopro video, apparently in Kanazawa they are known for their eel, awesome cause I love eel.

I had a blast in Kanazawa, I could have stayed a week, but it was time to move on to Kyoto...
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!