Thread: Lee vs Brawn
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #3
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Didn't one of the Gracies routinely beat people way bigger than him in early UFC?
That was a long time ago when the UFC "rules" were more like guidlines and he would essentially force all of his opponents into a jon striking grappling match.

I'm not really sure what I just watched. I saw two friends fucking around ar sparring practice. That is hardly sparring. Two trained fighters, not even needing to be equal, the fighter who has beem at his weight the longest will generally have the biggest advantage. The mountain is slow and not a striker and that pretty obvious since he was really grabby even when the were playing. He also does the cardinal sin for guys that size to leave themselves "an in" since they can't cover distance like a smaller person. He extends his lead leg and locks it out, great for giving someone large with low speed the ability to creat a large perimeter that's difficult for small people tonget in. Great for ring or points sparring. But. Leave that thing locked out anywhere else and someone smart will break it, immediately. Number 1 rules to a fair fight, don't fight fair.
Never box a boxer
Never grapple a grappler
Don't fight a Cage fighter with rules
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!