View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsteichen View Post
Tripped over this today-
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=140966

"In our view," says Scott Vazin, Nissan North America's chief of product public relations, during a conference call with Inside Line, "this has been blown way out of proportion."

According to Nissan, "less than 1 percent" of the transaxles in the GT-Rs delivered to customers in the United States have failed in some way. With somewhere between 1,750 and 1,800 GT-Rs in the garages of American enthusiasts, this puts the number of transaxle failures experienced in this country at somewhere between 16 and 19 cars. This is not an insignificant number of GT-Rs, but it's short of an epidemic of transaxle failures.

I especially enjoyed the pic's of transaxle replacements.
A question for the pro's on the board-How many hours of labor SHOULD you be able to buy for $1380 and could this job possibly take that long??
I don't think it's the actual failure rate so much as it is how Nissan has handled it. I mean, why have a launch feature on the car that if used voids the warranty? That seems insane. I guess they're removing it completely on all GTR's which solves the problem, but it's still fairly silly how it all went down.