View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #101
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
Not to bad price wise at all. Whatever you do, do NOT run a synthetic for break in. Run a standard mineral based oil. My builder has already cautioned me a few times about that. A synthetic can glaze the cylinder walls and not allow the rings to seat properly.
Same story. Troy said three changes on full mineral oil, or a blend would be fine, with the zinc additive (like from Lucas). Perform at roughly 500 miles, 800 miles and 1,000 miles. Then full synthetic is fine. The issue is apparently synthetic, while objectively superior for shearing and heat tolerance, doesn't cling to metal surfaces at all the same as mineral oil. Or at least that's what I understood.

He said the three things that f up rings sealing properly are trying to do it on full synthetic, running boost before they're set, and of course overheating.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)