View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 10:41 AM   #2640
Fast & Filthy

I think so. It has been really slow. I know I've been really busy with work. We need to get this site going again.

Things I have on the burner.

The Cobra - it's currently down with the heads pulled. I'm porting them right now but I just used my last cartridge roll and need to pick some more up. The issue is that Grainger doesn't have them in stock anymore. The last time I bought some was about 18-20 years ago and I think I bought about 15 of them and I just used the last one. I want to pick up 5 or 6 (around $3.00) but to have them shipped to my house they want $11 which I don't want to pay. Luckily my neighbors brother works for Grainger and he's going to see if he can get them for me. If not I'll just pay the $11 but I hope not. Once I get those I can finish porting them and the I'll order the valve seals, keepers and head gaskets so I can put it back together.

The Chevelle - since the Cobra is down I haven't been able to pick up anything for the Chevelle to fix the trans. It will be a slow build of the trans.

The F100 - I've been working on the hood now and then trying to get all the rust off the under portion.

The Explorer - it's been running great and I finally got to take a wheeling out at Truck Haven this last weekend. It was an Explorer event and should have magazine coverage but we'll see. The official run we did on Saturday was way too easy and I did the whole thing in 2wd. Later that day I went out with some of the guys and did some harder stuff. I managed not to break an axle which is good. I carry a spare with me just because I've broken 4. I think I have the frontend set up better now so hopefully I won't break any more. I did manage to break the passenger side mirror by leaning into a wall while climbing up a stepped hill. I replaced it though because I also have spare mirrors. I picked up a couple from P-A-P just because I've broken a couple. I also have spare tail lights.