View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I just talked to Troy at Ford Performance in Anaheim. They're a speed shop in Anaheim that build motors of all types, but somewhat specialize in Ford. He helped me a bit during my Corvette build.

I talked to him about our build and he recommended off the shelf as cast Avenger Heads with 195 cc runners, Fully assembled including shaft mounted rockers: $859 for the pair. They were going for like $1199 and up recently, but the economy ain't so hot. They are brand new aluminum heads. He says he uses them on their crate NA 347 for 440HP. Plenty of head for our application.

This seems like the way to go, the AFRs are just a bit much. Any thoughts?

He had two questions. What are the pistons? Something about making sure they had the proper valve relief. He said as long as they were aftermarket pistons there should be no problem. Also, he wanted to know about the cam so he could set up the spring pressure properly.

Keep looking or pull the trigger? This represents the upper end of my budget for heads.
I don't remember and can't find the paperwork to determine what pistons I purchased for this engine. They are definitely aftermarket pistons. I'm pretty sure they have valve reliefs cut in them, but you'll be able to see that when you pull the heads anyway.

Again, I can't find any specs on the cam, but I would be very surprised if it had more than .540 lift on the exhaust side, and no more than ~230 - 240* of duration at .050 on the exhaust side. It would be less on the intake side. This was a pretty mild cam.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?