Thread: Yamaha 5.0L V8
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 07:29 AM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
THE QUOTED TIMES WERE FROM EURO MAGAZINES DOING HEAD TO HEAD COMPAROS NOT THE MANUFACTURER. IT WAS A PRESS CAR.

Nothing that I can see indicates that car was the Ring model, all lists show standard edition (and other cars as their specific models, e.g., Scuderia, Italia, etc.). It was in September 2010, the Manufacturer Ring model numbers are from 2011.

AFIK, they easily sold all units. So the price is completely irrelevant to people in that market. WTF do they care. They're not middle class.

It was an R&D test bed and a Halo car. Lexus got what they wanted out of the car. The fact there are other cars as fast or faster for the same or less money doesn't mean much of anything where it matters. The Market > Forums.

I understand you're not impressed. Ok.

If you're looking for an impressive bit of engineering at an affordable middle class price (sort of) that's fast with basically any driver, one answer stands out by a mile, the GT-R.
Not everything is speed. Or Jay Leno's garage would just be full of Ferraris.

Id take a 97 Viper over a C6, even though the C6 is probably a better track car. Speed + Sound + Sex Appeal = Desirable Sports Car