View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Trick for getting hoses off

I'm sure you guys who took auto shop, or learned from your dad or whatever probably knew this, or even better, but I "discovered" a way to get off radiator hoses and the like much easier when they are really stuck on.

I had to replace the rad on the protege, and I'm sure none of those hoses have been removed since assembly over 12 years ago.

I was struggling with the lower rad hose when it occurred to me the hose was as cold as the surrounding material. I poured some pretty hot water on it. I fig'r between the heat slightly expanding and softening the rubber and perhaps a little capillary action of water working its way between the hose and the fitting it would come off much much easier. And it did.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)