View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #1
Fast & Filthy

Default Kirby Salesmen Crap Their Pants

This afternoon a Kirby saleswoman came by and spoke to my wife. My wife told her that we already own a Kirby, which we do. We bought it a little over 10 years ago. Anyways, the girl tells my wife that she has to schedule at least 15 demos before they will let her go home. My wife tells her that we aren't going to buy anything but if she doesn't make her 15 by 5pm that she can try us again if we're home.

At around 6pm we had to run to the store so we left Kylie and her friend at home while we ran. Since Kylie turned 12 we have felt comfortable enough to leave her with Mya at home by themselves for short times while we run to the store. We always tell them not to open the door for anyone other than family even if they know them. At around 6:15pm Kylie calls me and tells me that there are two guys at the house that told her they were there to clean our carpet. Apparently they knocked and she thought it was us so she opened the door without even looking. I asked her if the door was open and she said no that she closed it and locked it. At this time I wasn't aware that Amy had talked to someone. So I tell Amy that Kylie had opened the door for someone and that they told her they were there to clean the carpets and that I'm running home.

I run out of the store and speed home. I hate when people speed up my street but I was freaking out and wasn't going to go the speed limit when I thought someone was trying to get into my house. As I'm heading up my street I see a white van parked in front of my driveway. As I get up to them I lock up the brakes in the Explorer and skid right in front of them. I jump out of the truck and start yelling at them asking what they are doing as I'm circling the front of my truck heading for the driver. They looked terrified. They said that they had a scheduled appointment with Amy to give a demo. After a little discussion I find out the the girl earlier told them we scheduled it which Amy didn't. I apologized for scaring them and explained that all I knew was that someone was trying to get into my house where my daughter was. They said they completely understood and made a joke that they guessed they wouldn't be doing a demo then. I laughed and said no but thanks.

I'm glad they had enough sense to explain that they thought they had an appointment and weren't punks with attitude because if they had mouthed off with me thinking they were trying to get into my house I would have beaten the shit out them.