View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #49
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I am not sure how these special registration would work on what I understand with cars but in order for you to pass smog in CA the engine would have to be from a car that year or newer. IE if the car is a '87 RX-7 then the motor would have to a '87 or newer motor and the smog rules would be applicable to '87.
This isn't the case here. I know ALL about street legal engie swaps. In no sense is that what we're even eligible for.

There seem to be two of additional classes of registration
- Custom Built
Requires extensive documentation and inspections. A swap doesn't qualify in and of itself, but doing what we are could plausibly qualify. If you get this level of registration, it's actually a street car. Seems to be pretty tedious.

- Show Car
As suggested by enkei. Severely restricted on road use. Basically you need to be coming from or going to an event. Period. However, the requirements are much lower, including a complete smog waiver. If this is what's available, it's what I'll go for. If not, I'll "probably" go for the off-road only registration. I know what it's like to deal with the state. It's not sooo bad, but it is tedious.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)