View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
What head casting number are you using on that block? Haven't done FORD SB heads since 89. Not a problem doing the porting, but I don't have any of my seat and valve griders anymore. If someone has a set, then I can do the heads complete.
After looking, I was mistaken about these being E7 heads. They are actually reconditioned e6se-aa heads. They have factory hardened exhaust seats. They have PC type valve seals. The castings have not been cut on. The valves are a little small, they are 1.78 & 1.46. The machinist talked me into keeping the valves instead of going with oversized valves because they have such a nice grain pattern and virtually no wear on the chrome stems. They have dual crane valve springs, part #99893. They have 3/8 screw in studs, chrome moly spring retainers, Crane machined steel locks, Crane cams guideplate conversion kit with adjustable locks. The combustion chambers are heart shaped and are 64 CC. They have Crane Cams Energizer 1.6 roller rockers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?