Thread: Conspiracy
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
The Vortec heads on your 406 are the same heads you were selling me, your words. You take the heads off your motor, send them to me in place of those I did not receive, and include the Vortec intake manifold for my trouble. I think that is a fair offer, since you are trying to sell your used parts unsuccessfully anyway. Of course, before the parts were shipped, they would be inspected and photographed by my mechanic for condition and authenticity. I wouldn't want a stock pair of warped Vortec heads to find their way to me. If I got myself into your situation, which would never happen; I would have offered that option for consideration. Accepting this offer will help you clear your conscience and square yourself with me, so what do you say?
Mike

Mike I thought of that a long time ago. However, these heads have already been modified. They have had steam holes drilled...two unsuccessfully by a local machine shop, where brass was driven in to plug the holes. The mistakes were corrected at another machine shop, and while the steam holes are functional, I may still have to mill them for the damage to the mating surface.

Oh and I HAVE been searching for new jobs. Have been for a while. I have an interview Friday and another on the 14th. They look like great options but with screening for drugs and such any job hiring isn't going to happen over night.