Thread: Conspiracy
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM   #405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy View Post
Simple, when Mike posted that thread it had only been several days from when I was told the heads were shipped so as far as I knew they were in transit and being delivered to Mike. There would have been no reason to refund him if there was still the chance that they were just held up.

Once we came to an agreement on when the heads were considered 'not received' I told him he was getting a refund. At that point I decided to withdraw money from an account that I really am not allowed to withdraw from except for emergency purposes and I waited for that check. I was going to convert it to a cashier's check or postal money order for Mike and mail it off the following day. Enter furnace purchase.

Since that point, I have been emailing and listing, and trying to sell as much stuff as I can to accumulate the full $770 since he will not accept anything less, even half payment.
So don't assume I should have been saving for a refund since the day he paid me and I have just been holding out. I started trying to put the money together immediately when I no longer had the funds.
Hey-Matt,
I just found this site and thread to my surprise. MYBAD79 and I think alike; he stated my feeling eloquently. Also, if I had a debt to pay with as much time as you seem to have, I'd get another job. You have way too much time on your hands IMO. I am so busy I don't have much time for the internet. I know how badly you must feel about not being able to refund me my money, and selling parts from your car aren't working for you, so here is my deal.

The Vortec heads on your 406 are the same heads you were selling me, your words. You take the heads off your motor, send them to me in place of those I did not receive, and include the Vortec intake manifold for my trouble. I think that is a fair offer, since you are trying to sell your used parts unsuccessfully anyway. Of course, before the parts were shipped, they would be inspected and photographed by my mechanic for condition and authenticity. I wouldn't want a stock pair of warped Vortec heads to find their way to me. If I got myself into your situation, which would never happen; I would have offered that option for consideration. Accepting this offer will help you clear your conscience and square yourself with me, so what do you say?
Mike