View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 01:50 AM   #87
I, Vettezuki

Got the oil pan off. It was pretty much a bucket of sludge even after the fresh oil and detergents. No way the pickup was going to clear. Anyway, I'm in process of cleaning it all and putting it back together. Then I'll strain the almost new oil and detergents and run for a bit to see what happens. It must be pretty carbonned up in the intake and pistons. During this process in the last couple of days, I ran some sea foam through it and turned it on later. It belched a death cloud of impressive proportions. I'm a little concerned that even thoguh I cleaned it up, the first time it starts properly running oil through the galleys and passages, it's going to dislodge a ton of sludge in there too and clog the pickup again. Though at least I now the process for romoing the pan so it shouldn't be too bad even if that happens.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)