View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #29
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
No basis from one mans perspective, not another's. many don't care to go to a timed event and would rather just enjoy the butt dyno or risk a street competition. In no way does this designate a car slow or "not fast"

That said, I sadly report the fastest cars I have been in were mostly mustangs from my local clubs. I've been in and driven variants of other cars from exotics to Gm's but none of them were wildly
Modified.
And that's the problem. Perspective. Yup how many FAST cars with tons of horsepower have you seen go to the track and run shit numbers?

Way too many to count.

Perspective it bullshit. It's like saying you're the coolest man in you own tiny little world. Yeah you're cool, .........faggot. Butt dyno = Bullshit; Actual dynos are even bullshit to an extent. They are only an indicator of what a car is theoretically capable of, but it's not actually doing shit.

My actual point is though. When you bought your fox did you buy it because you read about it in a magazine or because you knew guys were running them at the track and they performed?

In the case of the NSX: guys swear by them, but when was the last time you went out and saw one do better than mid-pack? Guys like me will go to a car meet, car show, tuning shop and see a NSX all done up. I will say to the owner "Hey man nice car" they will say "thanks whats is your car". When I tell then it's a vette then here comes the I smoke those all the time bullshit. Same thing with the S2k crowd the Subaru's.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter