View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #1958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I automate that process and keep it as far out of my mind as possible. As a business owner, some of the extra taxes get really fucking stupid. My personal favorite is the "business property" tax. Let's say you've invested $100k in fixtures, machines, whatever. CA levies a 1% tax on that. Why? Because they can. Simple takings. No value return. You kill yourself to build your business and provide something to the public, and the mafia (aka, government) just helps themselves to whatever they want. My brother in his business recently discovered one I didn't even know about. The labor tax. Yes labor tax. If he builds something on spec for someone (he designs and fabricates furniture and stuff) he has to withhold basically a sales tax on his labor.
There needs to be a flat tax (some call it fair tax) across the board... do away with the IRS and we can all pay the same, people, coprorations large and small, no loopholes, no favors, just a fair shot across the board. Seems fair to me anyways. Start at like 17% maybe, and imprison all of the politicians in D.C. for Treason and pejury becuase they all SWORE an oath to the constitution and they ALL (well 99% of them) would rather line their pockets by sending GOV contracts to friends and family (conflict of interest anyone) rather than SERVE the country.

Sorry in a bad mood today. gotta vent real quick to the guys. I'm sure ALL of you have come across this at some point so you may understand... My fiancee an I are driving... she stops in the middle of a lane to turn left, no blinker, just stops, "I say hey babe, blinker? I don't want some idiot to hit us" and then she pulls into a spot where some IDIOT has parked on the line, and their car is just completely destroyed on that side, literally they must have hit a pole and just drug their car along it until they passed completely. I said, in a semi joking manner, "babe can you move one spot over so that person doesn't bash our car with their door cuz clearly they don't give fuck about thier piece of shit vehicle" (the very next spot over was open). And it turns into her freaking out and demanding that I apologize for saying something SO effed up to her that it almost made her cry. REALLY?!?!?!? wtf? so I apologize cuz its not worth it. But come on, I'm trying to help her be a better driver and take into account how HORRIBLE the average motorist is at operating their vehicle, and be safe WITH OUR KID IN THE CAR so no terrible accidents befall her when I am not in the car. I guess I really am an asshat or something. /vent

thanks for listening, though you really don't have a choice.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.