View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 12:55 AM   #1734
I, Vettezuki

I've also known a few Americans named Guy. There are some famous French Canadian athletes named Guy. A shit ton of French dudes named Guy. I have a bunch of German colleagues. I've never heard the name used among modern Germans.

The only actual formal etymolgy TRACING the name I can find is French Norman from Old German (Wido).

I don't particularly care. Simply I NEVER thought of Guy as a German name and can't find much (any) actual evidence to support it. But I haven't put a lot of time into it. I stand to be corrected.

Anyway, I love the French. A lot of great things about their culture and a very rich history. In no way I'm sideways making fun of you for having what I think of as a French name.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)