View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #1732
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
From Name Origins
" German Meaning:
The name Guy is a German baby name. In German the meaning of the name Guy is: warrior. "

Was required to do a report on the meanings of our names when we were in grade school. My christian school was less than pleased with my findings and tried to "alter" my report. Hilarious.

Also, let the italian jokes start because Guy=Guidano/Guido and has nearly the same meaning in italian lineage. Which is why my dad chose the name Guy, to honor my grandfather (Guidano/Gpa Guy) And the German Heritage too. Boom, doesn't seem like such a lazy choice now does it?
Sorry to disappoint, but Guy is Norman French for the ancient Germanic Wido which goes back into Pagan Germanic times and is related to the element "Wood"

http://www.behindthename.com/name/guy

Guido is Italian for Guy though. So naming you Guy after grandpa Guido is sensible enough. But it appears to have nothing to do with the idea of "warrior".

Krieger is German for warrior/soldier.

Like Robby Krieger, guitarist from The Doors.

Guy

The German form of Guy is Veit.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)