View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 01:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_G View Post
No, I am a bit older than some here and have lived thru the late 50's and the 60's. That gives me a frame of reference that some don't have. I come from a generation that spawned the "Space race" that landed a man on the moon. 40 years later, China says they will go to the moon. Our generation was listening to the Beatles, Moody Blues and Carol King. This generation listens to Ludicris, Jay-Z, Three-six mafia etc. Our generation spoke of "Make love, not war". Today it's all about "pimps and ho's, killin'a cop, selling/doing drugs etc. Most of the kids I grew up with all played some kind of sports after school, with pick-up games everywhere. Today, most kids hit the computer/X-box when they get home and are on it for hours. When I was 12, I had a paper route, and sold Christmas cards door to door, mowed lawns and painted houses. How many kids today have you seen doing the same?
BG: I am 59. I suspect your age is close to mine.
I lived through the exact same times as you. Geez I miss them.

94cobra69ss396: Truce is cool. Heck, we weren't arguing anyway. Just different points of view is all
Here's the Cobra I'd cut off both nuts for. 427 King Cobra.

SeanPlunk: I suggest you browse through some current grade school and high school history books and stop at the Civil War. Look at the REASON they give for why it was fought. Complete BS. Of course, the victors get to write history any way they want