View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:37 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I hear you. Trust me when I say though, Ron's kids aren't part of the problem. I wish more kids were like his

We went out off-roading all day and they were awesome, I had a blast hanging out with them. They're polite and fun.

As for the TV's and what not, I don't quite get your objection. Technology moves forward and if the kids want to watch a movie on a long trip I don't really see the problem
Like I said...It wasn't a criticism of his kids. Just what's going on with parenting and society today. What's wrong with a DVD for long trips? It does NOTHING to stiumulate any brain activity with the kid. If they're old enough to actually know what's going on in the movie, then they are old enough to be doing something other than staring at it for hours. They get more than enough TV time at home. When they finally get out in the open air, I would hope there would be enough going on around them to keep them entertained. And it's actually the parent's responsibility to help provide that entertainment. I would hope the parent could come up with something better than just slapping in a DVD and letting someone else educate/entertain their kids.