Thread: Conspiracy
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 10:11 PM   #203
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Haha. I'd been a very loyal customer to VB&P, don't even want to think about how much I've spent with them. Then I install a set of their new ball joints, drive to a high perf alignment shop within a week, and the guy tells me that my ball joints are shot. Even shows me the play in the wheel.

Then I ask VB&P for a replacement set, and they demand the old set in return first. What would I have done had you not had a set to loan me? Left the Vette up on jacks for two weeks? And it's not like they didn't already know about the problem. What makes this unbearable was that Patti PROMISED to advance me a set of ball joints, then ignored me for a month! What the f*ck is that about? If I want to be ignored, I'll date more stuck up rich bitches from YL.

They lost a 7 year customer over a set of ball joints. They should have been recalled anyways. I have no regrets and no love for that company. They're out of business already in my mind.

AFR put out some inferior valves I think it was, and they promptly issued a recall and alerted their customers of the problem. That's good business.

I guess we're all over the place in this thread unless DB wants to rock it with some killer replies.

I too have bought a bunch of stuff from VB&P. And so far, the service has been very good. I have the dual mount monospring. The bolts that go into the bracket that hold the pad against the spring have a mystical way of working themselves out, soon followed by the pad. I think this has happened twice so far. The first time they sent out the replacement bits ASAP at shipping cost only, second time no cost. This last time I put an ass load of loctite and torqued them as far as I dare and no problem. The performance improvement of the VB&P spring over the stock was massive and reasonably priced. However, I need an adjustable rear suspension for road, canyon, and strip, and I'll be honest, the dropping pad issue has made me hesitant to adjust the spring rate. Sounds like and issue for VetteMod!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)