View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 05:41 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAT View Post
You're right-- CRS kicking in again, but that was what, like 1980? Bottom line was the system worked for a while and then went stoopid. We used to clip the wire going to the 3rd or 4th gear switch on the trans to fix it. Lots easier (and cheaper) that trying to fix the system.
I didn't know there were any solenoid activated rockers on any production vehicle. Or am I misunderstanding. Were the solenoids on the 12v system or did they have a separate 40+V system? As you know, automotive companies have been kicking around the idea of a fully electronic valve train to get all the advantages of infinitely programmable valve timing, optimizing power, torque and emissions through all rpms. I guess they just haven't been willing or needed to go that far yet.

Lots of mechanically trick stuff going on with variable valve timing from many of the makers now. Did any of the makers ever consider pneumatic valves like in F1 cars?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)