View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 12:36 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Don't really know what this is from but now that I think about it I think this is going to be pretty intercooler system dependent, because of the capacity/effeciency of how much heat it can remove. IOW, a wider ranger of input temps(cold air intake vs. not) may result in relatively narrow output temps as he measured, BUT that's because of how good his IC is. A smaller capacity/efficiency IC system would result in a wider range of output temps as a function of input temps. Or put yet another way, his measured ratios would not map to other setups independent of the specifics of the IC system.

Practically, I would suggest this means that if one has a very large/effecient IC setup, then cold intake is probably irrelevant, and vice versa.

But maybe in the real world, all intercooler systems are sufficient to make cold air intake irrelevant.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)