Thread: Dyno variances
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 PM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There's also just jack asses who don't calibrate their equipment. But see the data table above, the spread is not so big and has been my personal experience going between two reputable shops. Don't modern dynos software adjust for elevation at least to bring everything to sea level. Thought I remember that. But yes an engine can vary a lot but, honest 530 to 450 is a shit ton of difference, to the point I suspect either a) the engine ain't making that much power or b) one of the dynos is not calibrated correctly. Of course it could be a "run" of all those factors adding up to a big difference. Anyway, what's most important is that it does what he wants in the context he needs it to work. At the end of the day, it's all about ETs.

Group hug?
I'm only going by the reputable dyno runs from well known tuners. The problem is most of them are spread across the country. Different geographical location play a big part.

When properly set up a mustang dyno needs to be loaded to the vehicle that its placed on, so different cars will have different splits. I'm not saying it is or isn't probable. Just what i've seen
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!