View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
There has to be something wrong for it to detonate with a tune.
To be clear, it does not detonate with my tune, we just had to retard the timing and adjust the A/F curve to not detonate. My tune will run ok on 91, but will ping on warmer days in the summer. With one quart of torco (very roughly 93 octane) I have no problems in any weather with any driving "style".

In other words, the tune I have is very conservative in order to protect the motor. This is not a new problem. There is power to be had with just a tune, if I fix other variables. Higher octane is the easy one, but I don't want to run race fuel everywhere. A quart of Torco per tank is fine, but that's my limit. That's why I thought things like an oil cooler, which might lower combustion temps might help. Also headers, which will lower cylinder back pressure might help. Then I can go back and get a new tune with the improved dynamics and pick up some cheap power.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)