View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Yes. Your critical path is getting your brake pedal/booster/mc/proportioning valves to work correcting with the calipers you choose. I vaguely recall some guys with C3s and bigger wheels going to C5ZO6 brakes with disappointing results, but the cause wasn't the calipers, it was that the the MC and proportioning wasn't matched to the bore stroke of the calipers. Basically, everything is a system and all the parts have to work together. You can futz around on margins, but if you want big brakes on an older Vette, you'll have to do your homework on MC and proportioning.

I think Wilwood now has a whole system for C3s that's not too expensive, something in the $1,500+- as I recall including Rotors. There's another company up north that went all the way with new hubs and everything. I think that's more in the $4k range though.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)