Thread: 4.6 95 T-bird
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 04:56 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Ok, I went and looked at that 4.6. It's been sitting for 2 years and the trans is still hooked up to it. The real problem is that it has been sitting outside for the last few months and the weather is starting to get to it. Looks like it sat out in the last rain we had.
You know better than I do that if an engine isn't properly stored, you can have some real corrosion problems. The bone yards are better about this, spraying the blocks down with ATF/Kerosine mix creates quite a good barrier to oxidation. The other way to go is to find a salvage TB of the same year, take the engine, and keep the rest for spare parts, or part out over time. Might work too. .

BTW, I'm down for helping when the time comes. With a few sets of hands and game plan, probably could pretty quickly. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)