Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   What's up from Phoenix. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=635)

jon6.0 08-27-2008 08:39 PM

What's up from Phoenix.

Saw the thread you all posted on LS2gto for the Huntington cruise. I'll be coming out this weekend, so maybe I'll get a chance to meet you all. I'm driving out on Friday to have a buddy help me replace the slave cylinder in my tranny that is going out. I guess I'll have fun driving 300 miles with a clutch that doesn't want to disengage all the way. Rev matching FTW. Hopefully I don't screw anything up driving it that far.

Here's a clip of my GTO idling and reving.

SeanPlunk 08-27-2008 09:41 PM

Welcome to the board Jon. If you can make it out this weekend, it should definitely be a good time. Your car sounds wicked by the way :D

enkeivette 08-28-2008 11:13 AM

Should be fine, my friend had to do the same thing. Ended up being a leaking hydraulic fitting. If it gets too tough to shift, pull over and let the fluid cool down for a bit. Bring some extra brake fluid in case it is leaking.

Think my master cyl is leaking too btw. If that makes you feel any better.

SexyLxy 08-28-2008 01:56 PM

Yes welcome Jon. I wish you the best of luck with that clutch. We, not too long ago had a faulty clutch cable that was shreding that took twice as much effort to engage and was a pain in the ass. Make sure you take an advil or two before getting in the car and make sure to stop, walk around, and stretch.

If you are able to make the cruise/bonfire, we look forward to having you. I'll be the chick at the beach for 16 hours hold'n down the pits....hopefully I'm still my ghostly white pasty self instead of a lobster.

See ya then. Take care and drive safe.

BRUTAL64 08-28-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 5605)
Yes welcome Jon. I wish you the best of luck with that clutch. We, not too long ago had a faulty clutch cable that was shreding that took twice as much effort to engage and was a pain in the ass. Make sure you take an advil or two before getting in the car and make sure to stop, walk around, and stretch.

If you are able to make the cruise/bonfire, we look forward to having you. I'll be the chick at the beach for 16 hours hold'n down the pits....hopefully I'm still my ghostly white pasty self instead of a lobster.

You're are not really going to sit there for 16 hours are you????:huh:

jon6.0 08-28-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 5605)

Bring a bunch of SPF 50 and a 1/2 gallon of Bacardi. Good to go.

SexyLxy 08-28-2008 04:46 PM

6AM - 5PM - Thinking time to reflect upon what I have done and accomplished with my life.

5pm-10pm - Watch all ya'll get a lil-tipsy and stumble around.

Should be fun :)

PS - yes spf 50 A MUST!!!

BRUTAL64 08-28-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 5610)
6AM - 5PM - Thinking time to reflect upon what I have done and accomplished with my life.

5pm-10pm - Watch all ya'll get a lil-tipsy and stumble around.

Should be fun :)

PS - yes spf 50 A MUST!!!

You've done that much in your life? Hell, it only takes me 20 minutes to reflect on my life.:laugh: