Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Suggestions (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   70ish 240Z widebody M3 (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46821)

GHOST 02-28-2013 03:36 PM

70ish 240Z widebody M3

2 Attachment(s)
Take a 70's Datsun 240Z add wide body kit, and build a 90's ish M3 motor and trans with a procharger. Have the no smog of the older with all the newer goodies and have something that could run a road course or the drag strip and surprise some people. Just my idea been playing with it for awhile.

Shaolin Crane 02-28-2013 04:02 PM

give me a '11 and up m3 motor and we're talking.

Vettezuki 02-28-2013 04:03 PM

Nice. We we have a VG30ET sitting in the garage waiting for a project just like this.

GHOST 02-28-2013 04:14 PM

See personally if I am going to build a frankenstein i like to use a pre smog model car and a newer motor, plus everyone and their mother puts a SBC in these, i have seen a few with LS motors and then the newer 240sx motor as well. personally i like the 240z but in reality you can frankenstein any car you want to, was also thinking of doing the old BMW 2002 from the 70s with a newer bmw suspension setup with a SBC never seen one of those lol. but i have a ton of out there ideas when it comes to building stuff, i just don't have very much technical knowledge on how to build them :) but i try.

Vettezuki 02-28-2013 04:32 PM

The coolest out there Z Frankenstein I remember used a BMW 5L V10.

Shaolin Crane 03-01-2013 12:10 AM

If we're talking frankensteins I keep going back to my old dream. Ls7 NSX :drool:

Damian 03-01-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostZL1 (Post 111732)
See personally if I am going to build a frankenstein i like to use a pre smog model car and a newer motor, plus everyone and their mother puts a SBC in these, i have seen a few with LS motors and then the newer 240sx motor as well. personally i like the 240z but in reality you can frankenstein any car you want to, was also thinking of doing the old BMW 2002 from the 70s with a newer bmw suspension setup with a SBC never seen one of those lol. but i have a ton of out there ideas when it comes to building stuff, i just don't have very much technical knowledge on how to build them :) but i try.

One of those shows on Speed put an LS1 into a M3 or a 3 series. Pretty cool, but was a very tight fit. Even the exhaust had to be oval piping, which is quite expensive, especially the bends.

enkeivette 03-01-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damian (Post 111740)
One of those shows on Speed put an LS1 into a M3 or a 3 series. Pretty cool, but was a very tight fit. Even the exhaust had to be oval piping, which is quite expensive, especially the bends.

I have oval pipes, you just transition to round where you dont need the ground clearance.

I have a cool idea for a franken car. Id take a late 70s Vette, add an early 70s front bumper and and early 80s rear bumper for a one off look. Id take an 80s truck motor build it fully forged with aftermarket everything, add an intercooled Procharger, a 6 speed transmission from a late 90s Trans Am, cut suspension from a BB Gymkhana setup, low profile 19" tires, Brakes from a Z51 C6, and hollow out the IRS for 12 bolt internals. Solid mounts, urethane bushings, ceramic headers, mandrel bends, and weight reduction all over.

Vettezuki 03-01-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 111749)
I have oval pipes, you just transition to round where you dont need the ground clearance.

I have a cool idea for a franken car. Id take a late 70s Vette, add an early 70s front bumper and and early 80s rear bumper for a one off look. Id take an 80s truck motor build it fully forged with aftermarket everything, add an intercooled Procharger, a 6 speed transmission from a late 90s Trans Am, cut suspension from a BB Gymkhana setup, low profile 19" tires, Brakes from a Z51 C6, and hollow out the IRS for 12 bolt internals. Solid mounts, urethane bushings, ceramic headers, mandrel bends, and weight reduction all over.

Somebody with the appropriate skills, time and money should definitely do that.

enkeivette 03-01-2013 12:45 PM

If that someone had money they would do something similar but with an LSX and AC