Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Street Legals and Dinner 04/26/08 CA Speedway (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279)

SexyLxy 04-22-2008 04:23 PM

Street Legals and Dinner 04/26/08 CA Speedway

Ladies and Gents,

I know in previous discussion we mentioned doing dinner after the track. At this time who all is going and are you still wanting to do dinner? Should I expand this invite to others that we know are going as well. Let me know what you all think. :)

SeanPlunk 04-26-2008 04:43 PM

Ugg, what a day. Track was horrible as usual (and so was the driver). My first run I tried to slip the clutch with a 3k RPM launch. The car started hopping and then felt like something broke. I thought I had snapped a half-shaft. But then it felt fine again so I just went with it. I ran a 16 second pass. I had actually stopped at the start - bad times. My 2nd run I ran 13.52 @ 108mph. It was an okay pass, although I bogged out of the hole (2k launch). My 3rd run I launched at 2.5k rpm and lit the tires up again. I also missed the 2-3shift and ran 14 flat @ 102. Street tires are worthless. I wish also that I could actually get more runs in - it's very difficult to practice. For the time being though - I suck :(

Vettezuki 04-26-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 1986)
. . .For the time being though - I suck :(

And I've got the video evidence, which will be up shortly ;) At the moment I plan to go to Irwindale this Thursday. Maybe you and Brian can come out too.

SeanPlunk 04-26-2008 05:04 PM

Honestly, I'm embarrassed, but I feel like I just need more time with the car. I really wish I could get more runs in. Perhaps practicing launches at Irwindale would help. Thursdays are tough for me, but maybe I'll go to a few of the Sunday dates.

Vettezuki 04-26-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 1989)
Honestly, I'm embarrassed, but I feel like I just need more time with the car. I really wish I could get more runs in. Perhaps practicing launches at Irwindale would help. Thursdays are tough for me, but maybe I'll go to a few of the Sunday dates.

You can do what Brian does . . . launch from every intersection. :smack:

SexyLxy 04-26-2008 06:46 PM

Yes the track conditions were horrible today. Wind like crazy with evidence of dirt in every crevice of my body, and heat in the mid 90's. By 2pm I would say 1/2 of the runners ditched out as the general response was "yeah I ran bad, the conditions are horrible."

Sean in time you'll improve but something better than 13.5 next time is well needed. :) Yes, think about taking some vacation time and head out to Irwindale. Just promise me you won't bust a rear end like Vettezuki....:)

In regards to practicing like Brian, is that how he blew a head gasket?? :P Maybe running a consistent 13.5 is someones way of saying, hey I'll give you a 13.5 every time or you can break a half shaft in exchange. I'll take the 13.5....in time you'll have drags, and a pully then hopefully we'll break the 13.5. :)

BRUTAL64 04-28-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 1993)
Yes the track conditions were horrible today. Wind like crazy with evidence of dirt in every crevice of my body, and heat in the mid 90's. By 2pm I would say 1/2 of the runners ditched out as the general response was "yeah I ran bad, the conditions are horrible."

Sean in time you'll improve but something better than 13.5 next time is well needed. :) Yes, think about taking some vacation time and head out to Irwindale. Just promise me you won't bust a rear end like Vettezuki....:)

In regards to practicing like Brian, is that how he blew a head gasket?? :P Maybe running a consistent 13.5 is someones way of saying, hey I'll give you a 13.5 every time or you can break a half shaft in exchange. I'll take the 13.5....in time you'll have drags, and a pully then hopefully we'll break the 13.5. :)

I thought he busted a tail shaft.:rolleyes:

Vettezuki 04-28-2008 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn64vette (Post 2034)
I thought he busted a tail shaft.:rolleyes:

I was going to make a crude comment about my rear-end being fine, but that I broke my (output) shaft. . . But I decided to pace myself. :banrasta:

BRUTAL64 04-30-2008 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 2035)
I was going to make a crude comment about my rear-end being fine, but that I broke my (output) shaft. . . But I decided to pace myself. :banrasta:

Pacing is always good.:sm_up_there:

SexyLxy 04-30-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 2035)

Alright alright, I'm no expert but you broke something. Location unk :)