Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Yellowstone, need suggestions (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2451)

SexyLxy 03-25-2009 09:42 AM

Yellowstone, need suggestions

Hey All,

So husband and I finalized our vacation destination last night. We're headed to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons in May. Somewhere neither of us have been and can't wait to see the amazing park. It's going to be one hell of a road trip but it should result in an amazing trip.

Although, I know it's an amazing park, I'm not very educated as to what it has to offer.

I will be hitting up the local book store and internet for some mega research, but in the mean time, I want to ask, has anyone been? And does anyone have any suggestions as to things they think we shouldn't miss?

Thanks for your help.

BRUTAL64 03-25-2009 10:17 AM

I've been twice. Too much to do to list here. See everything you can, Old Faithful is a must. They have everything organzied well in the park for you to see. It's just the park is so big you can't see everything in a week. :drink:

At the next Motorgen meet, I'll go over what I remember about the park. I want to go again, it's that great.:thumbs_up:

You'll LOVE the smell there.:smack:

SexyLxy 03-25-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 18684)

You'll LOVE the smell there.:smack:

Oh yeah...I totally forgot! Lol, we'll just have to get used to it.

Yes please discuss with me as I would love to pick your brain. By then I should have everything laid out and well planned. :) See you then.

silvertermi04 03-25-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 18685)
Oh yeah...I totally forgot! Lol, we'll just have to get used to it.

Yes please discuss with me as I would love to pick your brain. By then I should have everything laid out and well planned. :) See you then.

Actually i love to listen to old people tell their stories so i would like to listen in as well.

I mean that in a good way too Glen lol

BRUTAL64 03-25-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertermi04 (Post 18693)
Actually i love to listen to old people tell their stories so i would like to listen in as well.

I mean that in a good way too Glen lol

When "they" begin with "Back In 19 ought 9......... then you know it will be good.:rolling:

gsteichen 03-25-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 18682)
Hey All,

So husband and I finalized our vacation destination last night. We're headed to Yellowstone and Grand Tetons in May. Somewhere neither of us have been and can't wait to see the amazing park. It's going to be one hell of a road trip but it should result in an amazing trip.

Although, I know it's an amazing park, I'm not very educated as to what it has to offer.

I will be hitting up the local book store and internet for some mega research, but in the mean time, I want to ask, has anyone been? And does anyone have any suggestions as to things they think we shouldn't miss?

Thanks for your help.

Great minds think alike, we're heading to Banff and Glacier in September,passing thru Teton's and Yellowstone on the way up.

Truth told, my one previous trip to that area was before you were born, I'll have to jump-start the memory.

Two things that stand out-
1- Be sure to take the gondola up to Rendezvous Mountain . Amazing view.
2- People watching at Old Faithfull. We stayed for a second eruption just to watch people bailing out half-way through just to "miss traffic". Kinda like a Dodger game!
Woops, third thing- Whenever you see Winnegago's stopped three wide it means either a moose or bear!

BRUTAL64 03-26-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteichen (Post 18725)
Great minds think alike, we're heading to Banff and Glacier in September,passing thru Teton's and Yellowstone on the way up.

Truth told, my one previous trip to that area was before you were born, I'll have to jump-start the memory.

2- People watching at Old Faithfull. We stayed for a second eruption just to watch people bailing out half-way through just to "miss traffic". Kinda like a Dodger game!
Woops, third thing- Whenever you see Winnegago's stopped three wide it means either a moose or bear!

Bears. Yes, they are great to watch.:D

SexyLxy 03-26-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsteichen (Post 18725)

Ooo, oh yes, the road blocks. Lol, I will be on the look our for those. I'm exited to see some Bison if they are out.

I'll have to look into the gondola thing. Haven't read up on that yet. Sounds fun!

Thankfully, I think we're going to be missing all of the tourism traffic. It appears that the park opens for spring the week that we get there, so that might be a very good thing. We'll be able get around with out completing my road rage driving skills and making you know who mad :P

Oh, one funny thing last night that I realized was...well lets just put it this way. I really want to go white water rafting. I've been before but it was a grade 2-3 (baby for me) and I want something more crazy. So, I started reading. Yeah the levels in the snake river will be at its highest when we arrive. But guess what, it's b/c all the snow is melting which equals, FREEZING WATER. I've gotta research just how cold we're talking. Like wet suit territory....jk

big2bird 03-26-2009 10:05 AM

Old faithfull
Tower falls
Mud pots
Mammoth Hot Springs was my favorite
Fort Yellowstone
Mammoth Hot Springs resort at the North Gate is great. (Kinda spendy, but a great place to stay. Res. required))The wooden map of the US (there)is wonderfull

SexyLxy 03-26-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 18747)
Old faithfull
Tower falls
Mud pots
Mammoth Hot Springs was my favorite
Fort Yellowstone
Mammoth Hot Springs resort at the North Gate is great. (Kinda spendy, but a great place to stay. Res. required))The wooden map of the US (there)is wonderfull

Oh good, you rec the place that we are probably going to stay. Lol, did you have a room with a bathroom or did you do the dormitory thing? Yes kinda pricey, but we're not the camping type and temps are in freezing territory at night. I really like the look and feel of the REALLY nice place - old faithrful inn, but that is REALLY pricey. Oh, did you guys have TV's in your room? I can't see anything about that on the website.