Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hey! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572)

jsup 02-22-2009 04:10 PM

Hey!

Well, got this site from someone sending me an email and suggest I join. This will make some of you happy, some suicidal, and some homocidal. I'm OK with that.

Well, I see a lot of familiar faces, well names anyway, so.....HERE I AM...

Hope to pop in and out and provide some help where needed, get some help when needed, and just have some fun.

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsup (Post 15899)
Well, got this site from someone sending me an email and suggest I join. This will make some of you happy, some suicidal, and some homocidal. I'm OK with that.

Hope to pop in and out and provide some help where needed, get some help when needed, and just have some fun.

Welcome to the board!

I'll start off with my customary first question of what kind of car do you have and what do you have done to it? :bigthumbsup:

jsup 02-22-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15900)
Welcome to the board!

I'll start off with my customary first question of what kind of car do you have and what do you have done to it? :bigthumbsup:

1990 Corvette. Basically stock except for the 427 Motor under the hood, oh and the new 700R4 I had built as strong as they come, and the D44 and gear change.

The motor has:

Dart 400 SHP block
custom grind 240/246 roller
LS 7 lifters
Dart 215 heads, slightly ported
10.5:1 static
1.6 Comp Pro Mags

and some other miscellaneous bullshit. Built by Pat Musi. Trans is a Performabuilt 700R4, top of the line, rear is going in about a month. D44 IRS with 2.73s.

The car has 34,000 miles, still smells new inside. With a 1/2 assed tune I'm breaking tires at 70MPH on a dry day, kicking the ass sideways. About 410 at the wheels, expecting another 50HP at the wheels when the tune and details are done.

Looks like low 11s, maybe mid 10s on paper. Don't know yet. "on paper" is really just that, on paper, real life may and will differ.

The motor:

The Car:

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsup (Post 15901)
1990 Corvette. Basically stock except for the 427 Motor under the hood, oh and the new 700R4 I had built as strong as they come, and the D44 and gear change.

The motor has:

Dart 400 SHP block
custom grind 240/246 roller
LS 7 lifters
Dart 215 heads, slightly ported
10.5:1 static
1.6 Comp Pro Mags

and some other miscellaneous bullshit. Built by Pat Musi. Trans is a Performabuilt 700R4, top of the line, rear is going in about a month. D44 IRS with 2.73s.

The car has 34,000 miles, still smells new inside. With a 1/2 assed tune I'm breaking tires at 70MPH on a dry day, kicking the ass sideways. About 410 at the wheels, expecting another 50HP at the wheels when the tune and details are done.

Looks like low 11s, maybe mid 10s on paper. Don't know yet. "on paper" is really just that, on paper, real life may and will differ.

The motor:

The Car:

Wow, that's one of the best looking C4's I've ever seen. I'm depressed however that my Cobra has about 45 more RWHP than you and I'll be lucky to run low 12's between my lack of driving skills and the relatively crappy quality of our local track :bang::suicide:

jsup 02-22-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15902)
Wow, that's one of the best looking C4's I've ever seen. I'm depressed however that my Cobra has about 45 more RWHP than you and I'll be lucky to run low 12's between my lack of driving skills and the relatively crappy quality of our local track :bang::suicide:

Thanks. I'm going from a 3.07 rear to a 3.73 The cam just plain old does not like the 3.07

Musi built this motor as a prototype, that's why it says 427 #1 on it. He wants to mass produce it.

The car is clearly mint, just need to get the dam tune done.

Oh, and here's the sounds:

SeanPlunk 02-22-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsup (Post 15903)
Thanks. I'm going from a 3.07 rear to a 3.73 The cam just plain old does not like the 3.07

Musi built this motor as a prototype, that's why it says 427 #1 on it. He wants to mass produce it.

The car is clearly mint, just need to get the dam tune done.

Oh, and here's the sounds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-PnNu7hXo

Very cool :bigthumbsup:

How big of a stall are you going with? I'd guess maybe a 3200?

Vettezuki 02-22-2009 07:07 PM

Word Up

Nice wheels. Then again I'm a bit partial to Corvettes. Welcome to the site and see you around sometime. :drink:

Oh yeah, is that Dart block one of the high Nickel content iron blocks, or do they make Aluminum SBCs? Someday when I have extra money and feel dumb I'll get back to building up my Vette and I'm pretty sure I want to go nutty with the N/A instead of Forced induction. I was think full solid roller 383, hi comp, etc.

jsup 02-22-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 15905)
Very cool :bigthumbsup:

How big of a stall are you going with? I'd guess maybe a 3200?

3000 stall. Just enough not to be annoying.

jsup 02-22-2009 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 15907)
Nice wheels. Then again I'm a bit partial to Corvettes. Welcome to the site and see you around sometime. :drink:

Oh yeah, is that Dart block one of the high Nickel content iron blocks, or do they make Aluminum SBCs? Someday when I have extra money and feel dumb I'll get back to building up my Vette and I'm pretty sure I want to go nutty with the N/A instead of Forced induction. I was think full solid roller 383, hi comp, etc.

It is a cast iron block that Dart released this year. Inexpensive, and very good deal for the money.

http://www.dartheads.com/news_article_view.php?nak=33

big2bird 03-06-2009 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsup (Post 15899)

Oh Christ. Another internet stalker with a chick car.:smack::smack::smack: