Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   F*$# I owe on my taxes :( (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12721)

SeanPlunk 02-01-2010 08:51 PM

F*$# I owe on my taxes :(

I hate taxes, it turns out I owe about $650 to the feds and about $940 to the state :(

No mod money for me this year :(:(

How did everyone else do?

BRUTAL64 02-01-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 44085)
I hate taxes, it turns out I owe about $650 to the feds and about $940 to the state :(

Sorry to hear that.:(

Taxes suck. I haven't done mine yet. But no matter what, I'm not going to owe money.:censored::judge:

SoCalC55 02-01-2010 10:13 PM

Havent done them yet, but I will definitely owe... no toys for the car either =(

Vettezuki 02-02-2010 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 44085)

Well, here's the way I look at it. I actually aim to owe about $1g. Why? It's the maximum you can owe before penalties. Why is that good? It means I got to keep the largest amount of my own for the longest period of time.

And look on the bright side, it's just the tiniest whiff of what taxes will be in the future. :pot_stir:

kdracer73 02-02-2010 08:03 AM

I got back 3500 last year, this year 1600. No mods to the car from this. Gotta get to the dentist, root canal, with no insurance !

jedhead 02-02-2010 09:50 AM

I got some unexpected tax credits so I will get a refund from both the feds and state. Usually I will owe a small amount to the feds and get small refund from the state. I try not to get a refund. Actually I would prefer if the government did not do any witholding and everyone has to write a check in April. This way the government would be tarred and feathered every May for wasting our money.

Bob

Throttle Crazy 02-02-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 44105)
I got back 3500 last year, this year 1600. No mods to the car from this. Gotta get to the dentist, root canal, with no insurance !

Have to love paying to be tortured.

Vettezuki 02-02-2010 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedhead (Post 44117)
I got some unexpected tax credits so I will get a refund from both the feds and state. Usually I will owe a small amount to the feds and get small refund from the state. I try not to get a refund. Actually I would prefer if the government did not do any witholding and everyone has to write a check in April. This way the government would be tarred and feathered every May for wasting our money.

Bob

:iagree:

Most people don't realize this is HOW it was up until the 40s (as I recall). That's when the gubment decided it would get first crack at your money even before you see a penny of it.

EDIT: Ah yes, the Current Tax Payment Act of 1943. Of course like many "Progressive Reforms" they use the crisis of war as a cover for instituting a new oppressive system as the people are less likely to resist. I don't want to completely hi-jack Sean's thread, so I branched off on my own little rant.

Chuck 02-02-2010 04:42 PM

I am now afraid to do mine I have no write offs and make okay money this sucks Ill do em and let you guys know. :nutkick:

Vettezuki 02-02-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 44154)
I am now afraid to do mine I have no write offs and make okay money this sucks Ill do em and let you guys know. :nutkick:

Just think of all the government pensions, pay offs, subsidies, and well, lots of other things you're paying for. Now realize they're spending far more than we're paying in and what that means as it comes do. Keep it in mind as you work. Neat feeling huh? :pot_stir: